Shot in the Dark

I created this blog on a whim. I thought about it for about 10 minutes in the car and thought I'd give it another shot.

Yep-this is not my first attempt. I've had three personal blogs over the past 15 years. The one that stuck it out the longest was my craft blog. Yep-I'm one of those females. Creatives. Artists. Poets. Dreamers.

The problem is there are two types of dreamers. Ones that accomplish goals and ones that don't. Guess which one I am?

Actually I'm not being fair to myself. I've accomplished quite a bit in my life. I'm 35 so I've covered the basics (but the best) so far. I managed to find a guy that pretty much perfect for me. I have two little boys that I love (but also strongly dislike at times). I have a warm but messy home that is complete with three cats and one English Mastiff.

We have plenty of dough to pay the bills and have a little fun. Nothing too impressive. I'm comfortable and content 99.9% of the time.

Back to dreaming. Clearly you can tell that I get off point easily. In addition to personal goals, I've accomplished quite a few creative goals. I'm a painter and photographer. I also own a pet/home sitting business called Home and Pet Advantage. I also work part time as a Lyft Driver.

I keep busy to hopefully keep my eyes on my goals rather than getting lazy.

That's another thing you'll see - if anyone ever reads this. You'll see days, weeks - fuck, maybe even years between posts. Sometimes I let laziness totally consume me. And sometimes, it takes a lot of effort to jolt my ass into gear.

I also cuss a lot.

But I'm trying to keep this loose. I don't want it to become another thing I have to get done. Something else that ends up being tedious and eventually loses its value. Call me big-headed but I believe what I have to say does have value.

Maybe this will become a "everyone's think'n it - I'm just say'n it" type deal. I'm hoping this blog/journal/diary/poetry whatever blah blah blah will end up meaning something to someone.

Comments

Popular Posts